Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Android Devices

Call Barring

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Deleted Account
Not applicable
Hi I have same problem - just switched from pay as you go to bill pay and cant make international calls. I have changed settings for enabling international calls in the call settings& restarted my phone but still not working...
View more options

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth: 

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Deleted Account
Not applicable
Hi Ashling Im afraid the link in your signature is not working. How can I pm you though?
View more options
Community Expert

The link does work. Try a different browser. Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you were successful in contacting our Live Chat team?

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Deleted Account
Not applicable
Can you remove call barring from my account please.
View more options

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth: 

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster
I have the same problem. When I try to call the UK from Ireland the call barring message appears.
View more options
Community Expert

@Irene6wrote:
I have the same problem. When I try to call the UK from Ireland the call barring message appears.

With the current red warnings nationwide, forum staff may be offline until Monday morning, at which time they will be able to assist further.

In the meantime - you can reach out to Vodafone Support via their chat option and perhaps they might be able to assist.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options

Hi Irene,

That should be working for you now, can you please restart your handset and confirm?

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster
Thanks Aisling. That's working now.
View more options

Super stuff, thanks so much for letting me know Smiley Happy

View more options
Poster

Hi, 

I don't know if I should open a new topic for the same problem. I have the same problem with my Huawei bought from Ireland using an Orange prepay SIM purchased from Romania for one year. Before I was with O2, I am now with Vodafone ... I tried today to make a call and all I got was the call barring message. what can I do to solve this problem? I never used call barring codes so I don't know what to do.

Thank you.

View more options

Hi there,

Just to clarify, do you have an active Vodafone Ireland number?

Danielle 

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Danielle

No, this number is from Orange but in Irleland is conected through Vodafone. 

View more options

Hi George,

We can only assist with queries in relation to Vodafone Ireland accounts & services through this forum I'm afraid. You would need to contact Orange directly to query this.

Thanks,
Heather.

View more options
Poster

hi Heather,

I have the same issue as George, recently my Orange prepay sim card is connected automaticaly to Vodafon IE by default and I am not able to make calls. First think that I did was  to contact the SIM provider, and they said that everithing is fine in their system, and they recomanded to manualy switch to another network, which I did and seems to be fine, only that when I an disconnected from that network (weak signal), I am switched back to Vodafone IE.

I guess that the issue is with Vodafone IE, which recently allowed prepay SIM cards from Orange to use the network (before mid January I ws not able to connect too Vodafone even in manual mode).

So, Vodafone engineers, please fix the issue so we can either use our sim card using Vodavone network or nont allow Orange prepay simcards to connect to Vodafone netork (the way it used to be before mid January 2019)

Regards

View more options

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're having issues, but as Heather has advised above,this is something you would need to contact your provider about. 

Thanks,

Liam

View more options
Poster

Thanks Liam,

I've contact my provider first time when I've noticed the issue, and they say that there is no barring on my sim card, this is happening only if I am connected to Vodafone IE.

If I am connecting manually to O2 or 3 network, there is no issues, I am able to make/receive calls. If there were barring from my provider on my simcard used in roaming, I sould not be able make/receive calls.

This issue appear when Vodafone IE allowed Orange prepay sim cards to use the network (so I guess they did somenthing because I was not able to connect through this network in manual mode), and it seems that is the default option for the mobile phones.

Some one from Vodafone IE, should have a closer look on what's happening.

Regards

View more options
Poster
Hi

I need call barring taken off my phone please, I have followed the change of settings etc advice but still not working.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up