Android Devices

Call Barring

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi all,

I cannot make calls to international numbers on my Galaxy S6 (Bill Pay). I have checked the settings on my handset (all barring is set to off), tried using the #330* method & a few weeks ago spoke to a customer care rep who told me it would be sorted after restarting my phone but I still get a message saying "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on".

I'll need to be able to use my phone abroad in the very near future so any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more options
38 REPLIES
Community Expert
Calling abroad and making calls while abroad are two different things. Are you roaming or trying to call from Ireland to another international number?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
Sorry, should have specified. Trying to call abroad from Ireland currently.
View more options
Community Expert
Has it worked previously for you? Are you a new customer or new to bill pay?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster
It hasn't worked previously on this handset, can't recall similar issues with older phones. I've been a bill pay customer for approx. 6 years.
View more options
Community Expert
Mods will have to look into it tomorrow. Might be a new sim is the issue. Either way it can be sorted.
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Cheers Cookie, I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks very much for your advice & taking the time to reply.
View more options
Community Expert
You're welcome.
Cookie
View more options
Poster
Any mods online to look into this? Spoke to 2 different people at customer care today who both assured me they'd fix the problem & they'd call back to verify. Neither called back & I still can't call numbers outside Ireland.

View more options
Community Expert

Mods dont appear to be around to help today. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
View more options
Poster
Thanks again Cookie.
View more options

Hi,

I have taken the international bar off your handset. Please restart your handset and you will be able to make calls internationally. 

Kind regards,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Sorry to drag this up again but I upgraded to a Galaxy S8 yesterday (bill pay) and once again I get the "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on" message when I try to dial a UK number. Dialling Irish numbers is no problem.

Apologies also for not replying to Sheena, only saw your message now & as it happens it didn't work, I was never able to dial UK numbers on my old phone.

View more options
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until Tuesday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
View more options
Poster

Cheers cookie, I'll check back then.

View more options

Hi there,

That should be up and running for you now, can you please restart your handset and confirm?

Thanks,

Ashling

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks for your reply Ashling.

Unfortunately the problem is still there. I was wondering last year if it was an issue with either the sim card or handset but that's now obviously not the case as both were changed last week. Still getting the "You can't make outgoing calls when call barring is on". I've checked the phone settings & all call barring is off.

View more options

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, I have made some adjustments to your account settings that should now allow you to call internationally, can you please restart your handset and confirm?

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Hi Ashling,

Just dialled a UK number & it connected 1st time. Thanks a million for your help, really appreciate it.
View more options

No problem at all Smiley Happy

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up