Support:

Android Devices

Search in Community:
Poster

Broken Samsung J5

Hi, I bought a samsung galaxy J5 just a few days ago and unfortunately my young son got his hands on it and dropped it. It seems as though the inner screen is broken while the outside is perfectly in tact. Is there anything vodafone can do for me? Am I covered by some kind of warranty since I just bought it?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 3 (341 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Re: Broken Samsung J5

Warranties only cover manufacturers faults. Accidental damage is only covered by add-on insurance. If you didn't get the add-on insurance when you bought the phone I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Broken Samsung J5

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this, unfortunately cookie is correct. Your warranty agreement would only cover manufacturing issues within the first 24 months of purchase. If your handset has been physically damaged, your manufacturer's warranty agreement would be deemed automatically void and you would then be liable for all repair costs.

If you have handset insurance through Vodafone Ireland, I would recommend that you get in touch with our claims management team on 1850927711.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 3 (326 Views)