Support:

iPhone

Search in Community:
IO1
Poster

unlock IPHONE 4

I got an iphone 4 and, after a reset by itunes, I was asked to insert a simcard but my TIM card seems not to be supported. After a check on imei I knew my device is locked by Vodafone without any reason for that (never stolen or lost) . I have no Vodafone simcard; i am simply the owner of the device, and I don't know any of the requirements in the form on line, nor I have a Vodafone number. Nevertheless I want to get my device unlocked. Please could anyone help me? Thanks for kind reply.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 9 (76 Views)

Re: unlock IPHONE 4

Hi there,

If your handset is locked to the Vodafone network and you are a Vodafone customer, you can request your NAC (unlock code) here. If you are not a Vodafone customer, you can ask a friend or family member who is currently on the Vodafone network to request your unlock code on your behalf - please note that the certain criteria must be met if you require an unlock code, full details can be found by following the link I have provided in this post.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 9 (71 Views)
IO1
Poster

I thank you first for your kind reply. My son has a home telephone Vodafone Italy (we live in Genoa); could he request from that telephone an unlock code in my behalf ?  But, as I wrote above , I cannot meet the “ certain criteria”. The device has been left in a drawer for years; so that I (or anyone in my behalf) cannot fill the form and submit it , without having filled the boxes  with the requested informations (Vodafone number, last top up amount, last top up method, and so on….) . I only know, of course, the IMEI. Any kind suggestion ?

Message 3 of 9 (63 Views)

Hi there,

Can you please confirm if your handset was purchased through Vodafone Ireland? If your handset was purchased in Italy, you will need to contacted Vodafone Italia and request your unlock code.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 9 (62 Views)
IO1
Poster

Yes, it was purchased in Ireland
Message 5 of 9 (61 Views)
Highlighted

Unfortunately, if you have not met the minimum top up requirement of €127 in the past 12 months, you will not be eligible to request your NAC. If you have a friend or family member who is currently connected to the Vodafone Ireland network and meets the minimum spend criteria, they can submit the unlock request on your behalf.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 9 (56 Views)
IO1
Poster

I thank you again, of course, for your kind replies. Nevertheless let me say I’m really surprised for I have to suffer such a simlock, without any reason (not stolen, nor lost and so on …) , being unable to get any solution about telephone service, for a device regularly purchased ! I’d like to know why Vodafone IE refuses to unlock a device, fullworking, only because not having used for years telephone service , and having no friend , as you can easily understand, corrently connected to the Vodafone IE network ? I realy can’t believe there is no solution for it !!!

Message 7 of 9 (52 Views)

As  there was a subsidy on the cost of your handset when you purchased this from Vodafone, it is standard practice across all networks to network lock our handsets, each network decides on the minimum criteria necessary to retrieve an unlock code, if this is not met, we would be unable to provide you with your unlock code.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 9 (47 Views)
IO1
Poster

subsidy...? whitch subsidy ? Unbelievable !!! 
Sorry for complaint, thank you anyway

Message 9 of 9 (41 Views)