Search in Community:
Poster

iPhone Xs Max Preorder

Hi,

Am trying to get some info on my preorder on chat service and getting a vague response. I pre ordered on Friday in anticipation of having the phone by launch day. I don't have any info as to when it will be received.

Can anyone provide more info please?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 10 (285 Views)

Re: iPhone Xs Max Preorder

Hi there,

We will be fulfilling pre-orders in chronological order and prioritising these orders when stock arrives. Orders received by 2pm today (Thursday the 20th of September) will be dispatched within 6 weeks. The time frame of 6 weeks is the maximum amount of time it should take to have your handset delivered. The delivery of your device would be subject to handset availability. If stock is available, your phone will be delivered to you within a matter of days rather than weeks.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 10 (279 Views)
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Thanks for coming back to me.

There was no information at the time of order last Friday from the person I spoke to on the chat service regarding the possibility of an issue with availability.

Would it not make more sense to be transparent during the sales process to customers, rather than a 'oh by the way' afterwards? 

Message 3 of 10 (278 Views)
Poster

Hi,

Is there a way to find out when the phone will be ready for collection from the store for first time buyers ?

Would the status on the online tracker change to - 'ready for collection' or something on those lines ?

The order confirmation email states that the phone will be ready the next day - but I highly doubt that in the case of the new XS --

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 10 (225 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

An email or text will be sent to you when it's ready for collection.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 5 of 10 (210 Views)
Poster

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Thank you
Message 6 of 10 (208 Views)
Poster

Same issue with me. Order placed on the 15th Sept on chat, all fine, everything sorted. Was told money would be taken from my Bill for the phone on the next bill and the phone would ship on the 21st. 

Chased this today on chat and was causally told, oh yeah, we cancelled your order due to limited stock. I was told nothing about this all week and only that I chased it I'd still be in the dark. The excuse given for not telling me was it must be a glitch...

On MyVodafone it's showing my device as the iPhone XS! I was asking a coupole of questions and the chat agen dodnt want to know and ended the conversation....This is very un-Vodafone like. The reason I and many others are willing to pay higher prices with VF is due to the better customer service you get.

Not this time sadly.

Message 7 of 10 (183 Views)
Contributor

Posted from Apple iPhone
Same issue here, placed the preorder over the phone on the 15th and was told I’d have the phone a couple of days after launch but no updates on shipping dates. Was told today the max will be 6 weeks but they can’t offer any more info. Did you guys all get confirmation emails after ordering? I never received any follow up emails after pre ordering
Message 8 of 10 (151 Views)
Contributor

Posted from Apple iPhone
On the online store, the XS Max 256BG Gold is showing as in stock for new customers and will be shipped straight away...are the delays only with existing customers who are upgrading?
Message 9 of 10 (130 Views)

Hi there,

@prakal - Cookie is correct, once your order is ready for collection, you will be sent an email and SMS notification.

@RC01 - I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience with our Live Chat team, I can assure you that this is not the type of feedback that we like to see come in from our customers. If you could PM me with your order number and email address, I can check the reason for your order being cancelled?

@ stevieboi2004 - 6 weeks is the maximum amount of time it should take to have your pre-ordered handset delivered. The delivery of your device would be subject to handset availability. If stock is available, your phone will be delivered to you within a matter of days rather than weeks. We are facing stock limitations on the iPhone Xs and Xs Max as demand is far greater than stock availability. We will be fulfilling pre-orders in chronological order and prioritising these orders when stock arrives.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 10 of 10 (125 Views)