Support:

iPhone & Apple Devices

Search in Community:
Poster

iPhone 6 Visual Voicemail

I'm looking to set up visual voicemail on my iPhone 6, but I can't find how to do it....surely this is possible in 2016 ?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 17 (2,883 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,043
Solutions: 198

Re: iPhone 6 Visual Voicemail

Vodafone do not support visual voicemail.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 17 (2,881 Views)
Poster

Does anyone know are there plans to support this ? Seems ridiculous not to !
Message 3 of 17 (2,876 Views)

No plans as there's not much demand to be honest. Around the world other networks are not supporting this feature what with whatsapp and snapchat being faster and cheaper ways of communicating. For a platform that launched way back in 2007 there's been very little uptake of it around the world.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 4 of 17 (2,873 Views)
Topics: 47
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hi there,
As Cookie notes, there are no plans at this point - we do monitor interest in such services, however in this case, as Cookie again states, other services that perform similar functions are already in widespread use.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 17 (2,857 Views)
Poster

That is the lamest excuse to not provide the service, as you are waiting to to see interest. Come on guys, expecting people to download other apps and services because there is no profit in you, is not really a customer service approach. 

Message 6 of 17 (2,688 Views)
Poster

That is the lamest excuse to not provide the service, as you are waiting to to see interest. Come on guys, expecting people to download other apps and services because there is no profit in you, is not really a customer service approach.
Message 7 of 17 (2,688 Views)

Demand and supply is the cornerstone of any product.
Cookie
Message 8 of 17 (2,687 Views)
Poster

This is feature is available in Vodafone Australia. Its a shame that this isnt a feature as standard by the carrier. I also think by saying that other apps provide these solutions such as whatsapp is a lame excuse also.

Why have carrier voicemail in the first place then?! Why not tell people in the shop oh you want to use voicemail...go and download a third party app!

Joke!

Message 9 of 17 (2,319 Views)

I never said whatsapp provides this solution as you say but rather that people communicate more with text and images more then with leaving a voicemail.

I am terrible with checking voicemail and I suspect I'm not alone. If I cant get through to someone I just message them rather than leave a voicemail.

Again this will come down to demand and there clearly isn't much for this service.
Cookie
Message 10 of 17 (2,316 Views)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback, as it has previously been mentioned, Vodafone does continue to monitor interest in services such as these in order to determine if the demand is there. At the moment, we do not have any existing plans to enable this feature, but this may change in the future.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 11 of 17 (2,315 Views)
Poster

Bump to this request.

I do get alot of voicemails, I run a business and snapchat and whats app I wont be using for my company. 

I've worked across EU / USA and had this feature since it came out in 2007 at the launch of the iPhone!. Now in Dublin its painful to go back to having to call up the voicemail to be slowly go through each voicemail. 

This feautre is widely avilable and well used gloabally, just look at Apple's website for list of countries its avilabile in. 

Message 12 of 17 (2,289 Views)

While vodafone are not looking at it as an option there are apps that you can subscribe to that will provide the service, Availability on the device (in terms of apple providing an OS that can handle it) does not mean that a network will pick it up as an option for customers.
Cookie
Message 13 of 17 (2,285 Views)
Poster

I also think this is quite ridicilous for not supporting a feature which was invented in 2007 but rather support a feature that was invented in 1970. You simply force customers to use Voicemail system the way it was when it was invented. 

If customers who have iphone taped on "Voicemail" icon and isntead of calling to your ancient voicemail system they get "VISUAL VOICEMAIL MENU" they will learn to use it and find it incredible useful and amazing. Then you would find the interest you are looking for.

I bet that even 10 years later a vast number of your customers don't evem have idea about such way for Voicemail listening. I have been using this in different countries in Europe. Now I live in Ireland, got stuck with Vodafone contract and had to learn to use Voicemail again the way it was since 1970.

Message 14 of 17 (1,026 Views)
Contributor

Posted from Sony G8441
There are loads of features that operators dont buy like ulcomp, cellid, volte, esims they cant afford to buy them all, visual voicemail wouldn't be used by that many people and apple probably charge a lot for it anyway
Message 15 of 17 (980 Views)
Topics: 49
Kudos: 414
Solutions: 44

Look into HulloMail - i have had it active for years and its a great service.

Visual Voicemail overall just doesnt seem that popular or demanded here so as has been pointed out, why go through the expense of providing a service people dont seem to be too interested in when there are already existing services that provide far better functionality.

You are correct - Visual Voicemail is pretty old at this point - so it wouldnt really make any sense rolling it out when there are already existing services that customers all over Ireland already make use of. 

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 16 of 17 (924 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

exactly, its a lot cheaper to install an app on a phone than roll out an additional service to the entire network where possibly all the customers will end up paying for a service whether they use it or not.

Message 17 of 17 (921 Views)