Search in Community:
Poster

Data still not working

I have been trying since last Wednesday 22nd August to get my issue resolved. My data is not working. It stopped working on the evening of Tuesday 21st. 

I have done many network resets, turned off the phone when advised to, switched between 3G and 4G, turned off roaming etc. Nothing has worked. I was without the message app also but this is now working again.

I have visited a vodafone store, they have told me it's not my handset, that it is a technical issue with Vodafone. I have now asked for my issue to be elevated to the next level and I have been told I may not hear anything back for 3 to 5 working days. I was also told that I would be compensated for loss of service but I haven't been told what the compensation will be. 

I have never had an issued with VF before and I have to say I am extremely disappointed and beyond frustrated. I have 8 months to go in my current contract and I don't think I will be renewing it.

If I could cancel without having to pay a penalty, I definitely would.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 12 (387 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Re: Data still not working

Is your APN set correctly under network settings on your phone?

It should be:
live.vodafone.com
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 12 (380 Views)
Poster

I don't have that option in my settings
Message 3 of 12 (378 Views)

Mods will have to look into it for you.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 4 of 12 (375 Views)
Poster

That's been going on for a week now Cookie, I'm not getting close to having it resolved.
Message 5 of 12 (374 Views)

They have gone for today but they will reply tomorrow and should be able to sort it.
Cookie
Message 6 of 12 (372 Views)
Topics: 50
Kudos: 420
Solutions: 44

@marzipan74 wrote:
I don't have that option in my settings

What is the make and model of your handset?

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 7 of 12 (370 Views)

Some type of iPhone I'm assuming.
Cookie
Message 8 of 12 (368 Views)

@cookie20 wrote:
Some type of iPhone I'm assuming.

Yup....that there is the problem is say....

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 9 of 12 (366 Views)
Poster

I have heard that for a week, shambolic customer service
Message 10 of 12 (348 Views)

@marzipan74 wrote:
I have heard that for a week, shambolic customer service

Yes, because really Vodafone is doing nothing whatsoever in the background to try and solve this and are focused now only on lieing to you for laughs and giggles right?

It couldnt possibly be that the resolutions they had put in place that they thought had resolved the issue for some reason had not and they are now trying to investigate what exactly has gone wrong, something that is clearly taking a little time.

But if you post enough times how shambolic their customer service is and how you intend to leave then maybe they will push the "resolve now" button that fixes everything.

And of course lets not forget that while you went years without issues, there are networks where people are experieicing issues twice a year or more, and do not exactly experience some sort of superior customer service when trying to resolve these issues. It takes only a few minutes on their forums to determine this. One actually closed down their forum which contained nothing but customer complaints.

But i am sure whereever you choose to move once your contract is up, they will have superior customer service and a resolve now button to keep you happy.

Back to the issue at hand, if you answer my question above and tell us what handset you are using, we can look to see if we can replicate or find a known issue with a resolution - something we are more than happy to do if you drop the rant for a few minutes and provide the information i asked you for.

Or not - your choice.

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 11 of 12 (342 Views)
Poster

I really don't appreciate your attitude towards me, there is absolutely no need for it. It is incredibly rude of you. Their customer service is very poor, there is no other way to say that. I have been trying for a week to get this issue resolved. Do you think a week without a proper service that I am paying for is good customer service? Well, I'm sorry, I don't.

If you are not going to deal with my in an appropriate manner, I will find someone who will. For your info, I am using an iPhone 5S.
Message 12 of 12 (333 Views)