Search in Community:
Poster

Apple Watch support?

Posted from Apple iPhone

Very good evening to Vodafone Community 

As stated in the subject when will the Apple Watch LTE support finally arrive in Ireland/Vodafone? With the launch of the new series of the Apple Watch 4 this question comes back. We are all used to the fact technologically Ireland always has to catch up with the rest of the world (for example you are still busy building 4g infrastructure coverage in some areas is shocking) but this must be a world record of staying behind what others (UK) believe is a day to day normal functioning.

Puerto Rico has support for it. Denmark, Germany, Thailand, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Canada, US, Sweden and  on and on.... India has support for it. A country where cows freely roam around the streets without any traffic lights and where to get a train you need agility of spiderman. 

An era has come to an end. Its not enough Paddy has ability to ring Mary from his nokia 3310 to

put the spuds on. Paddy wants a full functionality of a smartphone and the smart watch.

On a serious note what is the reason it hasn’t been implemented yet?

Its quite embarrassing.

Regards

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 13 (760 Views)

Re: Apple Watch support?

Hi there,

I'm really sorry but we currently have no plans to support this product.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 13 (696 Views)
Contributor

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
I don't see any irish operator supporting this in their current lte networks, probably at the end of 2019/2020 when 5G networks start to roll out in Ireland I'd say their will be support for simless devices
Message 3 of 13 (683 Views)
Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
This is beyond a joke!! I go to buy the new Apple Watch 4 today on its release only to see it’s not supported by any Irish network???? Including my own network Vodafone!!! Hello hello, does anyone have any foresight in these companies, you could be value adding to your network, I would be prepared to pay extra to have this facility. And don’t give me this **bleep** that oh there are two few customers, that was the same stupidity that banks said about Apple Pay, Nokia said about iphone etc etc!! You could have been ahead of the curve! Sick of backward bog Irish lazy companies!!!
Message 4 of 13 (638 Views)
Contributor

Their not really behind, it would cost 100s of thousands of euros to add this feature to the network and their is only a few devices at the moment that support it.
Lots of other more useful features could be added first like WiFi calling
Message 5 of 13 (629 Views)
Poster

Is that all?? Vodafone Ireland's revenue last year was €1bn, this investment is pocket change and it's tax deductible, effective cost (€0). It's just pure apathy thats all! Wifi calling, thats a laugh, talk about massive infrastructure investment without future returns for the network!!! I don't mind paying, what I do mind is indifference.    

Message 6 of 13 (624 Views)
Contributor

How is purchasing, installing infrastructure, staffing trading etc etc tax deductible?
Message 7 of 13 (612 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

[ Edited ]

It's a comreg issue here. They have not approved these sims for activation and use.

Call your local TD. Or perhaps read up on a product before purchase. Caveat emptor

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 8 of 13 (608 Views)
Poster

Purchasing, installing infrastructure, staffing costs are offset against income > therefore tax deductible.

Thank you Cookie, finally someone has revealed the real culprits! 

Message 9 of 13 (600 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Quote from Comreg's 2017-2019 Electronic communications statement:

https://www.comreg.ie/media/dlm_uploads/2017/10/1731-design.pdf

Numbering conditions: Update the Numbering Conditions of Use and applications Process in 2017 and at least every 2 years thereafter, to support new market and technology developments (e.g. new FmC products, m2m, OTT, esIm), while also ensuring consumers remain protected.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 10 of 13 (597 Views)
Contributor

So by that reasoning I can tell revenue that I can offset the cost of a new car against my income tax?
You can't offset capital expenditure against income tax, unless your someone like Michael Lowry

Nice find about comreg documents so it will line up with what I was saying earlier about 2019,/20 and will line up with Vodafone iot and 5g
Message 11 of 13 (593 Views)
Poster

Well I guess they haven't updated the Numbering Conditions of Use then when it was their "Goal 6" in 2017!

"Goal 6"
Update the Numbering Conditions of Use to support technology developments (e.g. esim)

Guess what? They haven't implimented their strategy! The Electronic Communications Strategy Statement isn't worth the paper its printed on! Pointless! And I'm sure it was costly!

No surprise!

Message 12 of 13 (592 Views)
Contributor

Sure isn't that the point of an Irish regulatory body, pointless and costly?
Message 13 of 13 (588 Views)