Support:

Other Devices

Search in Community:
Poster

Vodafone 4G broadband

[ Edited ]

hello,

I have a TP link Archer  MR200 4 G router and it works well with the: hs.vodafone.ie APN.

I get typically 10Mbps download and 5 mbps upload.

When I originally got the SIM card and it was installed in the supplied R216 WiFi unit typical speeds were 20 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.

When I remove he SIM from the TP-Link and put it SIM back in the Vodafone R216 speeds return to the original 20Mbps.

Just wondering if anyone would know of a setting that might allow me to increase the speed on the TP-Link router.

Thanks

In advance.

Tom.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (1,369 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Re: Vodafone 4G broadband

Hi Tom,
I'll leave this one open to the community.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 5 (1,357 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz,

Thanks for your acknowledgement. Can you confirm if Vodafone throttle some 4G broadband connections to conserve backbone bandwidth to the mast.

Further to me previous enquiry I now notice that my download/upload speeds are similar on both the Vodafone supplied 4G WiFi unit and my own 4 G router.

Incidentally I have tried a friends Vodafone 4G prepaid SIM in my router and WiFI unit operating from the same mast location and same ambient operating conditions and he is getting consistent 25 to 30 Mbps download speed.

This leads me to believe that my connection has been throttled.

Thanks for your much apptreciated help.

Tom.

Message 3 of 5 (1,311 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hi Tom,
No, there's no throttling that I'm aware of on 4G connections - however it's worth checking the terms of service for how we monitor network usage.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 5 (1,285 Views)
Poster

Hi Tommy, 

My name is Sam, new to the forum here as I'm searching for help with setting up my new TP link Archer MR200. I had a Vodafone R216 as well, and I have a mobile broadband sim from Vodafone. I've tried to set up hs.vodafone.ie but with no success. Not sure is my username or password incorrect. Can you take a screenshot of all the settings you inserted on the Quick Setup page of the TP link site? That would be a huge help. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Message 5 of 5 (66 Views)