Support:

Other Devices

Search in Community:
Poster

No internet light on modem. DSL problem.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Me and my family got a new modem yesterday (model - HG658c) and when we tried to plug it in the main socked downstairs, the link and internet light didn’t turn on. Only power and wifi. I tried plugging it in upstairs, but nothing works. I also have tried filters, but nothing works.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (354 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,061
Solutions: 205

Re: No internet light on modem. DSL problem.

Mods wont be back until Monday to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click talk to us at the bottom of this page then choose whether you're on bill or pre pay. It should pop up then. If Chrome browser acts up then try a different browser as some versions don't appear to play well with the links.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 5 (351 Views)

Hi there,

If you are still experiencing this issue; I would advise calling our dedicated technical team on free phone 1907 (option 2) where they can troubleshoot with you directly over the phone. You will need to call them from a mobile phone when you are at home and have your Vodafone At Home customer account number available.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 5 (348 Views)
Poster

i have went through a similar problem. i have went thnrough 3 vodafone huawei HG658c modems in the past 2 years.i can only put it down to huawei being cheap as chips to produce. why cant we just get the settings from vodafone and set up a third party modem like lynsys and netgear because they are better routers in my last 2 routers, everything from the power light to the usb light stayed solid green bar the internet light. it is really P***ING me off to the point of moving to eir and see if i can get something better. have requested another router and if it happens again im definately moving to some other internet service

Message 4 of 5 (173 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

Re: No internet light on modem. D.S.L problem.

i have went through a similar problem. i have went thnrough 3 vodafone huawei HG658c modems in the past 2 years.i can only put it down to huawei being cheap as chips to produce. why cant we just get the settings from vodafone and set up a third party modem like lynsys and netgear because they are better routers in my last 2 routers, everything from the power light to the usb light stayed solid green bar the internet light. it is really P***ING me off to the point of moving to eir and see if i can get something better. have requested another router and if it happens again im definately moving to some other internet service

Message 5 of 5 (173 Views)