Search in Community:
Poster

reactivation of sim card

Hi, I need my sim card to be reactivated so it works when i return to ireland tomorrow. 

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 11 (512 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Re: reactivation of sim card

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:
SIM card number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 11 (509 Views)
Poster

Ok sent

Message 3 of 11 (505 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hi there,
Apologies, we can only switch back on a number that has been disconnected a maximum of 6 months - this one has been disconnected for over a year, so has already entered a recycling process.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 11 (502 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz, 

I would like to reactiviate the number that was entered into the recycling process (business cards, banks etc. are still attached to that number). 

Please kindly advise on the process. 

Best regards, 

Aaron

Message 5 of 11 (400 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Vodafone can reuse numbers that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

If the number has entered recycling it is unlikely that it could be recovered. 8 months since last top up would be deemed sufficient for someone who actually wanted to keep their number.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 6 of 11 (396 Views)

Hi there,

As mobile numbers are a limited resource, Vodafone is required, under numbering regulations to recycle all numbers that have been disconnected for over 6 months. These numbers are then re-assigned to new packs and distributed to our retail channels.

As the number in question has been disconnected for more than 12 months, it would not be possible to reconnect you on this number. However, you can purchase a Sim Pack with a brand new number through a Retail Store or on the Online Store on vodafone.ie.

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 7 of 11 (384 Views)
Poster

Thanks for the information. Is it possible to try reassign the number so I can use it? I have had the number for over 15 years and is tied to banking and other applications. 

Message 8 of 11 (368 Views)

I'm afraid we would be unable to reassign this number back to you, once a mobile number has been recycled back into our system; our system does not give us the option to cherry pick - numbers are selected at random by our system if a customer requires a new Vodafone mobile number.

Ashling

Message 9 of 11 (366 Views)
Poster

ok thanks for the info. one last question, regarding vodafone x - how do I avail of these offers? 

Message 10 of 11 (364 Views)

Once you have an active Vodafone SIM card and mobile number, simply follow this link > click on the "Select this plan" tab and then follow the opt in instructions attached to the Vodafone X offer you would like to avail of.

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 11 of 11 (362 Views)