Search in Community:
Poster
Accepted Solution

Top Up Enquiry

Hi, I am a new customer to Vodafone.

I had € 10,- credit remaining in my account.

I topped up € 20,- today so I could buy an add-on.

However, € 10,- was taken from my credit directly after my top-up to renew my plan.

I didn't mean for that to happen as I added the credit to buy an add on.

How do I avoid this in the future if I want to buy add ons? I don't want my plan to renew each time I top up?

Also, before I topped up, I had 800 MB remaining data according to my balance. 

After top up, I had 5.12 GB.

My plan gives me 5 GB + unlimited vodafone texts and calls. 

Where did the remaining 700 MB data go?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 997
Solutions: 170

Re: Top Up Enquiry

The T&C's state that if you want to top up without activating your plan you need to top up by small amounts. If you top up by the plan amount it will reset the plan and any remaining allowances.

4. When you top up by €20 or more in one transaction, €10 charge will be debited from your credit and the Offer will activate. This €10 charge will apply each time you top up by €20 or more in one transaction.

5. If you need to top up again during your 4 week Offer period, it is recommended that you top up by less than the minimum amount if you want to retain the Offer benefits for your existing 4 week Offer period. i.e. €5, €10 or €15 top up. A top up by €20 or more within an existing 30 day Offer period will activate the Offer and a new 4 week Offer period will commence.

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)

Hi there,

Cookie is spot on, as you are opted into our Data Extra offer, each time you top up by €20 or more in one go, €10 of this top up will be used to activate your offer and you will keep the remaining top up as credit. If you would like to top up while your Data Extra offer is active, simply top up in smaller amounts - €5, €10, €15.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 4 (70 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks all. This answers my queries.

Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)