Search in Community:
Highlighted
Poster
Accepted Solution

Spotify Premium stopped working

I joined vodafone at the start of October, on the VodafoneX plan with spotify premium. I had a deal to get two months free when I joined, and have had no problems until this month. My spotify has reverted to the free version with no reason whatsoever. After talking to not one, not two, but THREE clueless live chat agents, not only is the problem not fixed, but a link I was sent ended up charging me 5 euro for a service that is meant to be free with my package. I am so disappointed with the customer service, each agent took about 15 minutes of verifying silly details which I had already entered to get to the actual problem, which they then had no clue how to solve. The responses were disingenuous and forced, I felt like I was talking to a robot. I was told my problem would be forwarded on to 'the dedicated technical team' who would contact me shortly via call or text. Nearly 2 days later I have heard nothing and still have the same problem. Accessing my music easily is important to my daily life, and if I am not refunded the 5 euro and reactivated on Spotify premium, I'm going back to Three!

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 22 (1,583 Views)
Contributor

Re: Spotify Premium stopped working

Send a PM to @Ashling with the following:

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

A number you'd regularly call from your mobile:

Link to your thread or post:

Message 2 of 22 (1,493 Views)
Poster

Any idea how to do this? Cant see an option to PM when i go to her profile

Message 3 of 22 (1,480 Views)

Hi there,

That should be up and running for you now, can you please follow this link on your phone over mobile data (not Wi-Fi) to register for your free subscription?

I have also applied a €5 credit refund to your account. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 22 (1,475 Views)
Poster

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
That seems to have worked. Thank you!!
Message 5 of 22 (1,465 Views)

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 6 of 22 (1,457 Views)
Poster

hi im having the same problem.  got a message on friday that my €5 for december had gone through, then noticed that i am back on the free package.  Contacted spotify and they said vodafone had cancelled my premuim service.  can you help?  Not even sure of what my login details are now.

Message 7 of 22 (1,323 Views)

Hi there,

I can confirm that this issue has been flagged with the relevant team and is currently under investigation; please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused..

Thanks,
Ashling

Message 8 of 22 (1,309 Views)
Poster

seems its only an issue because people have noticed including myself that we were charged yet an email from spotify said no there  is not an issue with your account .. vodafone cancelled it so please take up with your service provider... on entering 2 chats and asking why my credit was taken out the day after vodafone cancelled the service i was bummed off with oh its a system error .... Only error in my 20 years as a customer is charging but not providing a service.

Message 9 of 22 (1,283 Views)
Poster

Posted from Huawei VTR-L09

My Spotify premium was due to renew on Christmas day but I had no credit. When I got credit I received a message from Vodafone on Dec 27th to say it had been renewed and €5 had been taken from my credit. However I'm still on a free account with Spotify. I've tried logging in and out but it still hasn't worked. What should I try? 

Message 10 of 22 (1,216 Views)
Topics: 47
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hi there,
The issue is under investigation - however there is no update at this time, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Message 11 of 22 (1,216 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
How long does it take?
Message 12 of 22 (1,212 Views)
Poster

When will this be fixed? I've got hardly any information from the live chat agents. My spotify premium account has switched to a free one for the last 2 weeks, I didn't think it was possible to somehow be paying for a free spotify account. 

Message 13 of 22 (1,207 Views)
Poster

Posted from Huawei VTR-L09

This isn't good enough. You should at least refund the €5 credit until the issue is resolved. Seems to be affecting a lot of people. 

Message 14 of 22 (1,190 Views)
Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
This is after happening me as well my Spotify is suddenly gone to free even tho I’m with Vodafone X plan with Spotify premium how do I sort it ?
Message 15 of 22 (1,143 Views)
Poster

I seem to be having a similar problem, although I may have caused it myself. On Jan 3rd I switched my PAYG plan from the previous one, the name of which escapes me, to the current one which is: SMART EXTRA.  In doing so I forgot about my Spotify Premium plan, for €5 per month. 

Right now I don't know where I stand, but Spotify shows my account is set to 'Free'.  I don't know if my balance was charged €5 on Jan 9th for a subscription I can't access, or if it just lapsed.  Meanwhile in the Vodafone app it shows me that Spotify "Renews on 09/01/2018".  When i click on this 'Add-On' for more details in the app, I'm shown, "Your subscription of €5.00 will be renewed on 09/01/2018." This appears to imply that my plan should've carried over from 09/01/2018, despite my PAYG plan changing, but I feel that the change in the PAYG plan has broken the link - OR - if perhaps the subscription has expired entirely because I changed plan, and I need to set it up all over again.

I don't want to attempt to set up a new Spotify subscription without knowing that the Vodafone offer 'Add-On' has ended. Last night a Vodafone 'Chat' agent explained that there is currently an outage for ROI users, but since my other half is availing of the same plan I originally had and is not experiencing any outage, you'll understand my scepticism.

Can one of the mods here help please?

Message 16 of 22 (1,022 Views)
Poster

[ Edited ]
Posted from Apple iPhone

Please don't post the same thing in multiple locations. It causes confusion and delays responses. It is also against forum rules. Stick to one location:

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Mobile-Pay-As-You-Go-Plans/Spotify-not-activating/m-p/215044/highli...

Message 17 of 22 (943 Views)

Hi there,

If you open the following link on your phone over mobile data rather than Wi-Fi, you should be able to access your subscription?

Thanks,
Ashling

Message 18 of 22 (912 Views)
Poster

Hi I have had similar problems, I was originally on the plan that included free spotify but my spotify was deactivated from premium in December and I have been charged since. I could not figure out why this was happening and have been charged €5 extra each month for a service that I havent even used. I cancelled the subscription and unable to resubscribe to get my premium spotify back. 

Can you resolve my issue please, it was the main attraction in moving to Vodafone in the first place and now it has become a major disappointment in your service. I want my premium spotify back,

Thanks.

Message 19 of 22 (817 Views)

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding, can you please confirm if you still require assistance here?

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 20 of 22 (799 Views)