Support:

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

Spotify Premium - Current on Vodafone but expired on Spotify?

On Jan 3rd I switched my PAYG plan from the previous one, Data Extra (I think), to the current one which is: Smart Extra.  In doing so I forgot about my Spotify Premium plan, for €5 per month.

Right now I don't know where I stand, but Spotify shows my account is set to 'Free' and it's largely useless to me.  I don't know if my balance was charged €5 on Jan 9th for a subscription I can't access, or if it just lapsed.  Meanwhile in the Vodafone app it shows me that Spotify "Renews on 09/01/2018".  When I click on this 'Add-On' for more details in the app, I'm shown, "Your subscription of €5.00 will be renewed on 09/01/2018." This appears to imply that my plan should've carried over from 09/01/2018, despite my PAYG plan changing, but I feel that the change in the PAYG plan has broken the link - OR - if perhaps the subscription has expired entirely because I changed plan, and I need to set it up all over again. But, the details showing in Vodafone v's Spotify are contradictory.

I don't want to attempt to set up a new Spotify subscription without knowing that the Vodafone offer 'Add-On' has ended. Last night a Vodafone 'Chat' agent explained that there is currently an outage for ROI users, but since my other half is availing of the same plan I originally had and is not experiencing any outage, you'll understand my scepticism.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 7 (208 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

Re: Spotify Premium - Current on Vodafone but expired on Spotify?

I've actually just seen Aisling's response/explanation on the post here.

Message 2 of 7 (207 Views)
Poster

Still no change. Still no Spotify. Still no idea what's happening. Still unimpressed. 9 days since this issue first arose for me. 'Escalated' is clearly not synonymous with 'expedited' at Vodafone.

I don't know how other people are working out that the €5 was or was not taken from their balance, as I can't see that level of detail in my top-up history. All I know is I did top up more than sufficiently each month to have retained it, but yet - my Premium account is gone.

Since Nov. 30th, I've spent €100 on Vodafone top-ups and this issue has drawn my attention to that fact.  It's all beginning to look a little bit too much like extremely poor value for money.

Message 3 of 7 (178 Views)

Hi there,

We are aware of an issue with our Spotify Premium Service affecting some customers. We are working with Spotify to resolve the problem as soon as we can but unfortunately we do not have an estimated time frame as to when this will be resolved. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.
If you could provide us with your mobile number, address & DOB, I can apply a credit refund to your mobile account for the cost of your premium Spotify subscription?

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 7 (174 Views)

Apologies, please send your personal details through private message (via the link in my signature).

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 7 (174 Views)
Poster

Hi,

I also have this issue where my spotify premium account has reverted to free, despite the €5 subscription being taken from my credit last week.

How do I go about having this credit (subscription cost) refunded to my account?

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 6 of 7 (127 Views)

Hi there,

I have checked your account and it doesn't seem to be registered for premium Spotify with Vodafone. I have now added €5 to your mobile number and sent you an SMS to complete your registration over mobile data (not Wi-Fi).

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)