Search in Community:
Regular

Roaming

Posted from Android 2.0
Can pay as you go customers use home allowance in eu free from 15th june ie calls texts and data allowance?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 13 (569 Views)

Re: Roaming

Hi there,

That is absolutely correct; from the 15th of June both Bill Pay and Pay as You Go customers can use their home allowance of data, calls and texts at no extra cost while roaming in Europe. It’s also free to receive calls and texts from home when you are travelling in Europe.

Please Note: Calls made from Ireland to Europe & the rest of the World will continue to be charged from your international allowance (if applicable) or standard international rates.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 13 (563 Views)
Regular

Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
That great Ashling. Another reason why Vodafone is no1 network!😀
Message 3 of 13 (560 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Samsung SM-J320FN
Is it free eu roaming for pay as go customers or 299 a day?only for bill pay customers says online that right
Message 4 of 13 (525 Views)

Hi there,

If you are not opted into a Red Connect package, I can confirm that from now up until the 14th of June, our Red Roaming rate of €2.99 per day of use in Europe is still applicable, however from the 15th of June, both Bill Pay and Pay as You Go customers can use their mobile plans in Europe just like they would at home for no extra cost - this will allow you to use your home allowance of data, calls and texts at no extra cost. It’s also free to receive calls and texts from home when you are travelling in Europe.

Thanks,

Ashling

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 13 (524 Views)
Regular

Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Great service from Vodafone for all customers unlike three and meteor/eir who are restricting data usage in eu.
Message 6 of 13 (522 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Samsung SM-J320FN
I was in tenerife for a week in april had best service full coverage no other network give full service coverage while away
Message 7 of 13 (512 Views)

That's great to hear Smiley Happy thanks for taking the time to leave such positive feedback!

Ashling

Message 8 of 13 (494 Views)
Highlighted
Poster

[ Edited ]

Hi And hope you can help. My wife is curently abroad in europe. she cannot use her data allowance. Sge is pay as you go customer, as I am .This is the message she received. "Data Roaming. You have lost data connectivity besause you left you home network with data roaming turned off". is it possible to turn on data roaming somehow while abroad.

Message 9 of 13 (280 Views)
Regular

Posted from Android 2.0
She should be able to turn on data roaming on phone settings. Usually under mobile network settings
Message 10 of 13 (258 Views)
Poster

Thanks a lot! it was indeed phone settings that needed to be changed. She activated data while roaming and evering is fine now. 

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Mark

Message 11 of 13 (237 Views)

Thanks Beano50 Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13 (235 Views)
Regular

Posted from Android 2.0
Good to hear mark. 😀. No problem Ashling 😀
Message 13 of 13 (228 Views)