Search in Community:
Poster

Mobile Hotspot not working

Posted from Xiaomi Mi A1

I am in the exact situation as was previously brought up in this thread https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Mobile-Pay-As-You-Go-Plans/No-internet-access-on-hotspot/m-p/218528....

I'm using the same phone on the same plan. I went in to the Galway Vodafone store today and was told that Vodafone no longer allows pay as you go data to be used with a hotspot. Can I get a follow up on the either the solution to the previous thread or confirmation that Vodafone doesn't allow hotspots.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Re: Mobile Hotspot not working

Vodafone do allow tethering as per their T&C's as long as you use the live.vodafone.com APN.

Whats yours set to? If you're unable to delete th HS APN you may not be able to tether on the vodafone network without incurring an extra cost. As your phone is not sold directly by Vodafone they cannot offer specific support for it. What operating system specifically (version) are you using?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 4 (85 Views)
Poster

Posted from Xiaomi Mi A1

It's set to live.vodafone.com, and I can't delete the HS APN but even if this is selected I get no internet. I'm using Android 8.1. I've tried to follow any and all information on this forum and others relating to the issue to the point of factory reseting the phone but with no success. The clerk in the store tried the same steps, then asked one of the more senior employees for help and was told that Vodafone no longer allowed hotspot on.

Message 3 of 4 (84 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

I personally suspect it's Android 8.1 being incompatible with whatever set up Vodafone have. I doubt much can be done until we see Vodafone supporting Andxroid 8.1
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)