Support:

Mobile Pay As You Go Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

Everything works, until it doesn't

Daughter is spending a few weeks in Ireland next month.  Wanted her to have an Irish number for when she was in country.  GSM iPhone6s, unlocked.  Had SIM sent from Ireland, top up online with Extra, 100 international minutes in plan. Good through October.  Everything worked perfectly on install, test call to, call from, no problems.  Put phone away for a week--now nothing works.  Web says plan active.  Have gone as far as to do factory reset, and update to ios 12.0.  Roaming is on--everything seems normal, just doesn't work.  Am I missing something?  Any thoughts from group?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (108 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Re: Everything works, until it doesn't

Was the sim activated while it was still in Ireland?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 6 (106 Views)
Poster

I would assume so since it worked perfectly when first installed here in the US.  It was a week later that suddenly all functions shut down.

Message 3 of 6 (98 Views)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this, if your daughter could get in touch with us directly from her own Vodafone Community profile, we can look into this in further detail.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 6 (80 Views)
Poster

The phone is in my name, and is still in the US (she hasn't left yet).  Unfortunately, now that it doesn't work I can't connect on the phone tol the customer service number--I've tried.  Is there a direct support line I can call and have V check the parameters on the account?

Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)
Highlighted

If you could private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Registered address:

Registered date of birth: 

Exact date and amount that the number was last topped up:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 6 of 6 (76 Views)