Search in Community:
Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

Sure Signal Problem

Hi all, I am having serious issues with my "Sure Signal" device, it is showing one flashing red light and two solid orange lights. Upon contacting technical support I was initially told that the problem was due to my broadband upload speed (Speed test results 12.77 Mbps up & 0.62 Mbps down) & was referred back to the Vodafone broadband team, who explained that this was the best speed available to me as I am on a 15mb port.

I contacted Technical Support again and spoke with a different guy who was able to tell me that this appears to be an issue that all "Sure Signal" users are experiencing at the moment. They are not sure what is causing the problem but he did mention that it may be a manufacturer issue. He said a case would be raised and that they will be in contact as soon as they know what is causing the problem.

I cannot understand why Vodafone could have been more proactive regarding this issue, why not send a text message to all "Sure Signal" users when they seen that this issue was so widespread, it would certainly have saved me a lot of time making calls to Vodafone, most of which last for 30/40 minutes

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 31 (10,057 Views)
Poster

Re: Sure Signal Problem

I was beginning to believe that was a problem that only I was having. I am not sure what version of Sure Signal I have, but it has been on the fritz since 3pm today. 

When I switch it on, the power light and the coverage light flashes. That then stops flashing and no lights are shown. It hasn't been working since 3 today. I reset it a few times as well.... unplugged it and had it off for a few minutes as well. Nothing. 

So seeing that this is a general issue, I just hope that it is fixed soon. I am still having problems with it. 

Message 2 of 31 (9,929 Views)
Poster

This issue is still happening. 

Can somebody help me in what to do. I am afraid that I have done something with it, but it has been acting up for a few months now. It would switch off and reset itself. 

Support on this would be great. Thanks

Message 3 of 31 (9,915 Views)
Frequent Poster

From my conversation with the technical support team, it appears it is more likely that its an issue with the actual "Sure Signal" device rather than a network issue. As to when and how it is going to be resolved, well your guess is as good as mine !

Message 4 of 31 (9,910 Views)
Poster

Ok thanks for that. I will wait a little longer to see if it works Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31 (9,906 Views)
Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
I called technical support Friday evening and they told me it was a widespread issue before getting me to then run in and out if the house to get model and serial numbers from my sure signal and Vodafone router (you would think this should be on my account already?)

I was told it would be 3 days before they could investigate the problem. after having to hold for ages to speak with someone.

My connection speed is fine and fibre works fine; haven't been able to make or receive calls since Friday though. I asked about crediting something to my account for the inconvenience but was told they don't do that.

Thanks Vodafone.

Message 6 of 31 (9,897 Views)
Topics: 40
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 488

Hiya,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile numbers registered:

Sure signal serial number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to this thread:

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 7 of 31 (9,872 Views)
Frequent Poster

Hi Daz,

Just got a text from Vodafone this morning and it appears that this issue is now resolved, my "Sure Signal" is back up and running again. Thanks for the offer of support, hopefully that is the end of the problem and everything will run smoothly from here on in.....

Message 8 of 31 (9,863 Views)

Good stuff, thanks for letting us know.

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 9 of 31 (9,851 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz - I've seen your many replies and offers of assistance as I scour the forums for a solution to my issue.

I have a Sky Boradband router and a Sure Signal 3 (plug in version). After the initial standard set-up the device worked well bar the occasional drop out. 

It has been working fine since initial set up over a month or so ago with no required changes to port-fowarding rules etc (as often suggested in the support posts). On Thursday 6th Feb I was unable to make any calls despite all the lights showing steady white on the device - Call Rejected was the message from my phone.

I rebooted the device and router (switched off at the wall for a few seconds and switch back on again). Since then I have a solid power light and a slowly-flashing 'Connecting' light. I patiently left it for 24 full hours to see if it re-connected but no joy. I've set up port forwarding as described in both Vodafone and Sky forums. Still no joy. My broadband speed is generally 5+mbps download and .3mbps upload on avergae. Nothing has changed with my equipment or setup between Wed 5th (when everything worked fine) to Thursday 6th (when it stopped). 

I've called technical support but the lady there didn't seem to know what she was doing (I've worked in tech support so I'm familiar with the routine!) I really hope you can help.

I've PM'd you the above details too - I hope that's OK?

Thanks

Message 10 of 31 (9,791 Views)

Sure thing, I'll ask tech to look into it - have you had a SIM change recently?

Thanks,

Message 11 of 31 (9,776 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz - I'm not sure if the comment above is for me but if so then the answer is no. I only have a SIM in my phone and that has not changed.

Thanks

Message 12 of 31 (9,774 Views)
Poster

Hi - any update from the techs on my issue? Thanks
Message 13 of 31 (9,759 Views)

None as yet, sorry, it may take them a day or two to call you and update though.

Thanks,

Message 14 of 31 (9,735 Views)
Poster

Thanks - I'll give them till tomorrow then I'll have to return the device Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 31 (9,729 Views)
Poster

Thanks - I'll give them till tomorrow and if I can't get it fixed I'll have to return the device Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 31 (9,729 Views)

Hiya,
They tried to call you a few times yesterday, but the calls weren't answered, apologies.

Thanks,

Message 17 of 31 (9,708 Views)
Poster

Hi Daz - Bad weather here last few days - no power, no phones etc. Anyway, got talking to a support guy myself and not much to be done. Device checks out OK but maybe issue is with low upload speed from ISP. Cant get it any higher so looks like I'll have to return the Sure Signal and live with the poor reception 'till I'm out of contract. Then its back to O2. Thanks for your help though.

Message 18 of 31 (9,675 Views)
kf
Poster

I have been having constant problems with sure signal going off and keep resetting, works fine then but a daily problem. Also modem often goes off so just changed all cables and new modem this morning but still sure signal going off. Also requested a landline to mobile number months ago and was told it was ordered after I made several phone calls being passed around, getting a bit sick of vodafone and I have VF red super business and home broadband and phone and looking at supplier for new business. One of main reasons staying with vodafone is the sure signal but if that doesnt work....

Message 19 of 31 (9,180 Views)

Hiya,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile numbers registered:

Contact number:

Sure signal serial number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Message 20 of 31 (9,124 Views)