Support:

Mobile Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
JDS
Poster

contract cancellation & harassment by Vodafone support

Hi there,

On 27th June 2018, i purchased a SIM only plan for 25 Euro per month (order no: o555187500), for I think 12month contract. I had opted to collect SIM at Blanchardstown Vodafone Store. However, the very next day 28th I called to cancel. I was assured of it and also promised callback to confirm. After receiving no confirmation I called on 29th and Vodafone person on phone again said it’s getting canceled. I also went to blanchardstown Vodafone Store and said I’ve canceled and they said then you don’t need to collect your SIM. Now I see a monthly charge from Vodafone and upon calling them, they said it’s not canceled and if I wish to terminate I must pay 300euro. This is making me anxious and I feel mislead by Vodafone multiple times over phone. Feel cheated and lied.

I am on direct debit presently, I was charged for first month already. Pls suggest how I could cancel contract and get refund? also, what action can be taken for this blatant harassment of consumers by Vodafone support?

thanks
JD

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (116 Views)

Re: contract cancellation & harassment by Vodafone support

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear that this issue is causing you anxiety and if you've been harassed by support agents.

Can you please send on the below details via private message:

Mobile number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)
JDS
Poster

[ Edited ]

I dont want you to be sorry but stop this harassment of customers and lies that i keep getting from your staff over phone. I called Vodafone around 7th August and the person promised to listen to all calls from my number (i have messaged you privately) and call me back. it's 10 August and there is NO response.

I have filed complaint with online dispute resolution body of EU complaint no: 2018/126221.

Further i've privately messaged you my number, DOB & address.

I am on direct debit and have already been charged for first month. I want to instruct my bank to stop it going forward - can someone comment if this legally allowed, given the illegal manner of vodafone's operation and handling of my cancellation request?

Message 3 of 6 (79 Views)
JDS
Poster

updating this thread with message from Liam (Vodafone) below.

So basically, despite my NEXT DAY request for cancellation - Vodafone choose NOT to cancel me, charged me for first month and made me run into circles to get a basic consumer right honored.

Who pays for the harrasment a consumer was put through?

Who pays for the lies?

Who pays for violation of consumer rights?

Who pays for threat of 300euro termination fee - despite contract not mentioning it?

These questions remain open...

"We can see that <phone number> has been ceased and any termination fees have been waived.

If the direct debit has already left your bank account, you can request a direct debit indemnity to reverse the payment back to your bank account.

Thanks,

Liam"

Message 4 of 6 (73 Views)

Hi there,

Can you please reply to our recent PM regarding an email address for cessation confirmation?

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 6 (72 Views)
Highlighted
JDS
Poster

PM'd you my email Liam.

You realize, i have to now fill a form to get direct debit cancelled and then seeking refund is another form + postage. this can't get any worse.

Message 6 of 6 (70 Views)