Search in Community:
Poster

Network Problem

Hello

Over the past 3 weeks to a month I have been having problems with my phone switching from Vodafone Ireland to Vodafone UK. I live right on the border and always have my phone on manual selection to prevent roaming. Thinking that this was a problem with my phone as it was a few years old I bought a new one last week however the problem continued. Today I visited the same store again and got a new sim card thinking this was the problem, however I am still experiencing the same problem.

The problem is that my phone will stay on Vodafone Ireland no problem and I have full signal at home etc, when I am not on a call. However, once I make or receive a call my phone will stay on my home network for around ten seconds before automatically roaming to Vodafone UK mid call.

I am finding this increasingly frustrating and hope that I can get to the bottom of the fault asap otherwise I will have no option but to switch to another provider. My brother also appears to be having the same fault of late.

Thanks
Brian
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (6,333 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re:Network Problem

Hello

Over the past 3 weeks to a month I have been having problems with my phone switching from Vodafone Ireland to Vodafone UK. I live right on the border and always have my phone on manual selection to prevent roaming. Thinking that this was a problem with my phone as it was a few years old I bought a new one last week however the problem continued. Today I visited the same store again and got a new sim card thinking this was the problem, however I am still experiencing the same problem.

The problem is that my phone will stay on Vodafone Ireland no problem and I have full signal at home etc, when I am not on a call. However, once I make or receive a call my phone will stay on my home network for around ten seconds before automatically roaming to Vodafone UK mid call.

I am finding this increasingly frustrating and hope that I can get to the bottom of the fault asap otherwise I will have no option but to switch to another provider. My brother also appears to be having the same fault of late.

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

I have just PM'd you with a possible resolution to this. Let me know what you think and I can go ahead with it.

Thanks
Colm
I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 2 of 6 (6,333 Views)
Poster

Re: Network Problem

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Hello staff I have a problem with network why i want to go back to 3 network switch back to 3 please Catherine
Message 3 of 6 (96 Views)

Hi Catherine,

We're sorry to hear you would like to move to another network.

If you would like us to ask tech to take a look at your account issues, please send on the below details by PM.

Mobile number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

If you still wish to move to another network, you will need to contact the network you are looking to port to and they will move you over.

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 6 (94 Views)
Poster

[ Edited ]
Posted from Generic Android 2.0

XXXXX

Message 5 of 6 (87 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

[ Edited ]

Please dont post private information on a public forum as it is a security risk. It is also against forum rules. 

Catherine, as has been already communicated with you if you want to move to Three you must contact them!

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Mobile-Network-Coverage/How-do-I-get-through-to-a-customer-service-...

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 6 of 6 (82 Views)