Search in Community:
Poster

Bill Pay to PAYG

On the 28th August I contacted customer care explaining that I was out of contract and wanted to change from bill pay to pay as you go. Was then told that I would receive a text letting me know when the changeover would take place. Never received any text but received a monthly bill for August and another bill for September.

Contacted customer care again querying said bills and was told that they were for July and August. Considering everyone on bill pay pays a month in advance and since I paid the standing orders for July and August, I can’t understand the logic of that explanation? If you pay a bill in advance and ensure that bill is paid every month, how can you owe two months arrears?

Regards,

Denis

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 6 (119 Views)

Re: Bill Pay to PAYG

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your message. We'll take a look into this for you, can you private message your number, address & DOB, along with a link to your thread?

- Aoife

Message 2 of 6 (120 Views)

Hi there,

Thanks for sending your details. I've had a look into this for you, I can see there is an outstanding balance of €96 on your account. Once this has been cleared, we will be able to go ahead with the move to PAYG.

Regards,

Aoife

Message 3 of 6 (102 Views)
Poster

Dear Aoife,

I understand that Vodafone believe I owe them €96. However, I paid the standing order for August and then contacted customer care and told them that as I was now out of contract I wanted to switch back to pay as you go. I was then told that I would receive a text letting me know when that change had taken place. I then received another call from Vodafone asking me if I was interested in any other type of contract such as the one for €25 a month. I politely explained that I only wanted to change back to pay as you go and once again was told I would receive a text letting me know when this was done.

I never received any text and then received a bill for €48 for the month of August even thought I had paid that standing order. I then received another bill for €48 for the month of September. I then contacted customer care who told me that those two bills were for July and August. I explained that I had paid July and August’s bills but he kept asking me why I hadn’t paid.  I then asked him how, considering bill pay customers pay a month in advance and considering I never missed a payment, I could be two months in arrears?  He simply kept on saying that I owed this money.

Which is why I contacted you Aoife. If you can explain to me how after paying the standing order for the month of August and considering we pay one month in advance, I can owe for a month I have already paid, I will gladly pay whatever is outstanding. I can understand owing for extras not covered by the contract but the amount you are demanding is the same monthly amount I paid while under contract. If I am missing something, please enlighten me.

Regards,

Denis

Message 4 of 6 (99 Views)

Hi Denis,

The move to PAYG was deferred as there was an outstanding balance. We have checked and the bills are valid as the phone was still in use during this period.

- Aoife

Message 5 of 6 (82 Views)
Poster

Aoife,

You never answered my questions or offered any explanation as to why I owe Vodafone €96 euro. The only explanation I received was “The bills are valid as the phone was still in use during this period”. Of course the phone was still in use during that period. I only asked Vodafone to change me from bill pay to pay as you go. Moreover, you never explained why considering I paid the standing order for August, I still need to pay that bill.

Aoife, I have seen similar threads in which, the customer keeps asking for explanations only to be to continually told that they owe X amount but not why they owe X amount.I can only echo what other customers have told you, your customer service is horrendous. And considering I have no wish to expend any more time or effort asking for explanations  you won’t provide, I am now passing this issue over to Comreg.

Regards,

Denis  

Message 6 of 6 (76 Views)