Support:

Fixed Service Technical Support

Search in Community:
Poster

Profile changed - 10mb drop and tech support refuse to change it back!

Hello,

I am hoping an admin can help me with this. I have been a Vodafone customer for 5 years for both my mobile and home broadband. When I got upgraded to fiber I was able to get the technician to put me on a 90mb profile, as I used to work in I.T I understand about snr margins and what they mean on a stable connection. We discussed this and I said I would monitor the connection at 90mbs to see how stable it was. For 2 years using it on a 90mb profile I never had any problems. Recently I was having problems with the WiFi side of the router i.e my devices were not getting a proper connection to the router but there was nothing wrong with my line, so they replaced the router which fixed the problem with the WiFi. In doing tests to make sure my line was ok my profile was dropped from 90mb to 80mb. I was told it would be set back to 90mb profile when I got the new router. With the new router in place I called tech and was told there is no way they can set me back to a 90mb profile which I was on! Again I told them I undatstood that at 90mb there could be issues but I had it for years and there was no issues and I would monitor it to make sure it was ok but just got blank refused to put it back to a 90mb profile. I am very unhappy about this as I know it is possible, to have had it with no problem for years and now be refused to have it set back to what I had! I know the newer routers are even better at handeling lower snr margins also. 

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (85 Views)

Re: Profile changed - 10mb drop and tech support refuse to change it back!

Hi there,

Please PM us with the below details and we can confirm with tech whether or not it is possible to raise the profile.

Account number:

Date of Birth:

Full address:

Link to this thread:

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)
Poster

Hi Liam. Sent you a PM.

Message 3 of 4 (75 Views)

Hi there,

We have replied to your PM.

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)