Search in Community:
Poster

Worst Customer Service Ever

I few weeks ago I got a cold call from vodafone who convinced me to upgrade to fibre broadband. Now, I have only ever got my broadband from vodafone and my phone from Eircom and I told them I didn't want to change this. I was explicit about this.

The engineers came around on Monday and just as they're leaving, we discover that vodafone had decided that if we aren't going to get our phone servises from them, we aren't going to get any at all. Christmas is coming up and we have now lost the phone line we have been using for over thirty years.

I phone up customer support and after trying to sell us a phone subscription they said they'd put things back the way it was and that I'd hear back from them within 72 hours.

Four days later, after having heard nothing back I phone up again and am told that the fibre broadband disconnects the landline. They're sending an engineer around on Wednesday but to do what exactly? Am I going to lose the fibre broadband? Do I have to switch my phone provider to vodafone if I want to keep it?

What on Earth are you guys playing at? If you now can't keep Eircom as your provider, it's hardly fair for people to know this when cold called, especially when it hasn't been a problem for the last ten years.

I really do not need this stress right now.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (4,839 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Re: Worst Customer Service Ever

[ Edited ]

Hiya,
Really sorry about this, if you select a Fibre only package, it disconnects the landline phone.

The only way we can currently supply both services is if both are ordered at point of sale - there is no way to continue using your previous provider for phone services whilst having Fibre with us (unless you order it again from them after it's cancelled).

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 2 of 4 (4,809 Views)
Poster

August 2018 

I am trying to get Vodafone TV and broadband.

The process of agreeing a price was shocking...they kept "forgetting" what had been agreed, after agreeing the contract over the phone an additional charge was "remembered". After making contact and agreeing a price I had to hang up to be called back by a different agent who had not been filled in by agent 1 as to what had been agreed (despite me being told explicitly that agen 2 would be given all information of what had been agreed). 

One call terminated by an agent because he didn't like me asking a question 3 times that he avoided answering twice (the question was "Does Vodafone cancel my account with my existing supplier?"). After completing the agreement I was callled back that a second charge had been "forgotten" and had now been remembered.

Over several phone calls the agreed price plan was "forgotten" then "remembered when I reminded Vodafone. The confirmation letter had the wrong price plan. 1 hour on hold to 1907. Obvioulsy there is a policy to keep moving the goalposts.

When the technicians arrived they needed to get more equipment to complete the job...who knows when. 

Vodafone make it impossible to contact them by email to point out the problems and their complaints process on the website is difficult to find, designed to make it difficult to access.

While polite some agents have poor English so that it is difficult to know what exactly the agent means.....and the ones with good English seem to "forget" what had been agreed.

Unable to access my accont details online to check what price plan had been recorded despite agent telling me I could (cannot until connection is made). Registration process for athome self help asking for a number which was not explained. (CRN I think). 

Unable to use 1 login to access mobile and TV/broadband accounts. 

Vodafone is on its last chance, one more problem and I am cancelling.

Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)
Highlighted

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're so unhappy with the sign up process.

We hope there is no further issues in getting you connected, but if there is, please contact us here and we will help you out.

Please PM us the below details and we can send you your CRN number:

Full address:

Date of Birth:

Account number (if you know it)

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 4 of 4 (187 Views)