Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Frequent Poster
Mycro

Vodafone Red with Spotify

I signed up yesterday, with a new phone, for the Vodafone Red contract.  In the store, I opted in to Spotify free for three months.  However, I did not realise, nor was I told, that I was committing to a 24 month agreement to use Spotify also.  This is not clear in T&Cs I signed either.  Interestingly, it's also not explicit on your website for online purchases.

At this stage, I haven't received any instructions on how to use Spotify and, obviously haven't used it.  I am perfectly happy to pay €5/month to use Spotify, but I don't want a 24 month commitment to this.  Can this please be arranged, and please advise if there are any differences in the terms (eg additional 1GB data allowance, etc).

For clarity, the only place I saw mention of the 24 month min period for Spotify is in the sales brochure that the sales agent put in the bag and I read last night.

Thanks.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 9 (2,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 15
Kudos: 388
Solutions: 278

Re: Vodafone Red with Spotify

Hiya,

There's no obligation to continue using the service - the price plan includes an additional data allowance and a Spotify Premium subscription, however some folks will no doubt simply sign up just for the extra data to use with 4G.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 2 of 9 (2,750 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Mycro

Posted from Apple iPad
Daz, do you mean that after the three month Spotify trial period or anytime thereafter, I can discontinue Spotify as part of my Red package and continue paying / revert to paying €55 per month?
Message 3 of 9 (2,742 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 44
Kudos: 444
Solutions: 40

Mycro wrote:
Daz, do you mean that after the three month Spotify trial period or anytime thereafter, I can discontinue Spotify as part of my Red package and continue paying / revert to paying €55 per month?

Yes - Spotify (and the additional 1GB of data) is set up as an add on that can be removed.

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 4 of 9 (2,724 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
Mycro

Posted from Apple iPad
Digi, I'm not sure you're right there although that is what I assumed too until I read the small print on the sales brochure I was given after I signed up. I would like this to be an add-on, but it appears to be part of my plan "Spotify Red with Sootify".

Not happy to have been mislead like this.
Message 5 of 9 (2,714 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz

Hiya,
It's part of the package itself, but the package can be changed 12 months after upgrading.

Thanks,

If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 6 of 9 (2,703 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 44
Kudos: 444
Solutions: 40

Mycro wrote:
Digi, I'm not sure you're right there

It would appear I was not..... apologies.

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 7 of 9 (2,700 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
RichRoberts

I was the fortunate recipient of an iPhone 5C this Christmas signing up to a contract that included 3 free months of Spotify Premium.

I received a confirming text from Vodafone on activation of the phone with a link to follow as part of registration for spotify. However, all attempts to enter my phone number when prompted  on the webpage https://offers.vodafone.com/ are met with the failure message "Please enter a valid mobile number."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 8 of 9 (2,651 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz

Hiya,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

IMEI number:
Address:
Date of birth:
Link to this thread:

Thanks,

Message 9 of 9 (2,643 Views)
Please use plain text.