Support:

Android Devices

Search in Community:
IO
Poster

Invalid mobile number

When I try to register with MyVodafone, I enter my mobile number but it says "this is an invalid mobile number". What could be wrong with it?

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 15 (12,602 Views)
Valued Poster

Re: Invalid mobile number

Hi there,

What browser are you using? , Try using a different browser.

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 2 of 15 (12,363 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hiya,
Just to follow up here, is this all resolved for you now?

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 15 (12,338 Views)
Poster

Posted from Apple iPhone
I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to solve it
Message 4 of 15 (8,882 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 530
Solutions: 492

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:
Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 15 (8,877 Views)
Poster

Hi 

I have exactly the same issue. I can log into my vodaphone on the web, but i get an "invalid number entered" when I enter it in the app. Annoying as I cannot enter any competitions.

Gerry

Message 6 of 15 (6,568 Views)

Hi there,

If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, I can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 7 of 15 (6,564 Views)
Poster

Hi there, 

I have had an irish mobile number for years on bill pay with O2 and THREE before transfering it to vodafone pay as you go. I moved to the uk with work (wwhen I am currnetly a vodafone customer) for some time and kept some credit in the irish phone as I wanted to use it from time to time. To my horror, now, my sim will not work. I have written a letter to customer service and they have not replied. I cannot seem to access vodafone comeplaints on the phone as I need an irish number, WHICH THEY HAVE DEACTIVATED on me.

Do vodafone have the right to take my number I had for years with O2 and THREE without my consent? All I nee is my number back as I am home in Ireland now. Please help. Thanks, Ollie

Message 8 of 15 (444 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

Vodafone do have the right as your number is not actually yours. You only have a right to use it as long as you use it semi regularly. If not they can reuse numbers (Comreg the regulator permit this) that have been inactive for long periods as per their T&C's:
http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepay/

Numbers and SIM Card
You shall not have any proprietary rights whatsoever in any mobile phone number allocated to you by Vodafone. Vodafone reserves the right at any time to alter or replace a mobile phone number allocated to you or any other name, code or number whatsoever associated with the Service.

You may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to your account.

If the equipment remains inactive or no call credit is applied for a period of 8 months or such other period as Vodafone may advise, all unused Call credit will be lost.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 9 of 15 (443 Views)
Poster

But this number was with O2 and THREE before vodafone, how can they have rights over the number? They never confirmed that they were going to susend the number and they never gave me my credit back #Vodarobbers.  They fact they have not replied to my letters means I can go to comreg? If the number is gone back into the vodafone number pool then I believe, at least, I deserve it back. 

I think it is one for comreg to decide as vodafone do not want to sort this out. 

Message 10 of 15 (440 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 203

[ Edited ]

Yes but you ported it to Vodafone so they manage it. If it's gone into recycling it cannot be recovered. Mods can check tomorrow for you.

This is a comreg rule by the way. It allows for numbers to be reused otherwise we'd run out of numbers.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 11 of 15 (438 Views)

Hi there,

Mobile number:

Full address:

Date of birth:

SIM card number (this is the long number printed on the SIM card):

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 12 of 15 (427 Views)
Poster

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. It says my phone number is invalid. 

Message 13 of 15 (273 Views)
Topics: 50
Kudos: 420
Solutions: 44

@eohira9 wrote:

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. It says my phone number is invalid. 

I would recommend following the same advice posted just above yours and forward that requested info.

All the best

Digi

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 14 of 15 (269 Views)

Hi there,

Can you please advise when you first connected / signed up to the Vodafone Ireland network?

Thanks,

Ashling

Message 15 of 15 (266 Views)